School in Wales
There are lots of wonderful festivals in Wales. To learn about some of them click on the picture.
Sport is very popular in Wales. Rugby is the most popular sport. Soccer is also very popular. Click on the picture to learn more about them.
There are lots of interesting things to see in Wales: cliffs, beaches, mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and woodlands.
There are lots of animals to be found in the wild. Click on the picture to learn about them.
Interesting facts about Wales
- There are two languages spoken in Wales: Welsh and English.
- People in Wales drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Mount Everest was named after a Welshman, Sir George Everest.
- Robert Recorde of Pembrokeshire invented the = (equal to) sign.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch is the name of a town in North Wales (The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio’s of the red cave). It is the longest place name in Wales.
- The currency is Wales is Sterling.