The temperature varies from the summer highs of 30˚C to winter lows of less than 10˚C. It even varies around the country.
School in Jordan
Learn some Arabic
Inside a Jordanian House
Click on the picture to take a tour inside a Jordanian home.
Arabic Writing & Art
Click on the picture to learn more about Arabic writing and art.
There is lots of nice food in Jordan. Click on the picture to learn about it.
There are lots of interesting things to see in Jordan. Click on the photograph to learn about them.
Festivals & Traditions
There are some very interesting traditions in Jordan. To learn about some of them click on the picture.
Many men and women in Jordan wear modern clothes. However, some were traditional clothes, especially for special occassions. Click on the photograph to learn about traditional Jordanian clothes.
There are lots of animals to be found in Jordan. Click on the picture to learn about them.
Religion in Jordan
Click on the picture to see some photographs of Jordan.
There are lots of interesting sports in Jordan. Click on the picture to learn more about them.
Interesting facts about Jordan
- One of the Seven Wonders of the World Petra.
- The national flower of Jordan is the black iris.
- The most common tree in Jordan is the olive tree.
- There are many Palestinian and Syrian refugees in Jordan.
- Jordan does not have any oil.
- Amman was once called Philadelphia.
- The currency of Jordan is the Jordanian dinar.
- The Jordan River, where Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist, is in Jordan.
- Mount Nebo where Moses died, is in Jordan.
- Sodom and Gomorrah is in Jordan.
- The waters of the Dead Sea are nearly 10 times as salty as the ocean.