Indonesia lies across the Equator in South East Asia. It is an archipelago. Although it is an island nation it has land borders with Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste and Malaysia. It has a population of 261 million people.
School in Indonesia
Learn some Indonesia
Writing & Art
Click on the picture to learn more about Indonesian writing and art.
There is a lot of delicious food in Indonesia. Click on the picture to learn about it:
There are lots of interesting things to see in Indonesia: volcanoes, beaches and islands.
There are lots of animals to be found in the wild. Click on the picture to learn about them.
Indonesian Festivals & Traditions
Click on the picture to see some photographs.
- The Official Language of Indonesia is bahasa Indonesia but there are around 700 languages spoken in Indonesia.
- There are over 17,000 islands in the archipelego that makes up Indonesia! There are still islands that have not been explored yet.
- There are three time zones in Indonesia!
- Marco Polo visited Indonesia.
- Most of the volcanoes in the Pacific Ring of Fire are in Indonesia.
- Krakatoa is one of the most famous volcanoes in Indonesia.