School in Greece
Children go to school for six years from the age of 6. They they are 12 or 13 years old they begin secondary school. This lasts for six years. It is split between middle school and high school. After secondary school children can go on to university if they study hard.
Learn some Greece
Writing & Art
Click on the picture to learn more about Greek writing and art.
There is a lot of delicious food in Greece. Click on the picture to learn about it:
There are lots of interesting things to see in Greece: mountains, rivers, lakes, beaches and islands.
There are lots of animals to be found in the wild. Click on the picture to learn about them.
Greek Myths & Legends
There are lots of interesting sports in Greece. The Olympic Games began in Greece. Click on the picture to learn more.
Click on the picture to see some photographs
- The official language of Greece is Greek.
- Greece is a member of the European Union.
- The currency of Greece is the Euro.
- The Olympic Games began in Greece.
- Ancient Greece was made up of many city-states such as Athens and Sparta. They had their own customs, laws and armies. An example of these was a type of soup Spartans made. It was made with salt, vinegar and blood!
- In Greece, rather than celebrate their birthday, many people celebrate their name's day. This is the holy day of the saint that bears their name.